Our services

Generally speaking, the SSS Anglistik (Studies Service Unit for students of English and American Studies) is responsible for issues and questions concerning your studies at the Department of English and American studies.

Before contacting us

Please always check whether you can find the answers to any of your questions on one of our info pages. This way, we can focus on the more complicated issues and make sure that you get help faster when you really need us.

What we can help you with

More specifically, we can offer support with regard to any of the following matters:

Handing in:

! All documents need to be handed in via email from your u:net email address. More info about the SSS online services can be found here.

Picking up:

  • Official notices of course recognition
  • Documents deposited for you by members of staff

Questions about / problems with: 

  • Transcript of records (Sammelzeugnis)
  • Course and exam registration in U:SPACE
  • Lecture exams (e.g. de-registration in case of illness)
  • Other administrative issues relating to your studies at the Department of English and American Studies

Further services:

  • General questions about the administration of your studies or one of our study programmes
  • Advice on study-related questions
  • Issuing of confirmations
  • During late registration: course swapping and registration for remaining course places (Restplatzvergabe)
  • Lost and found

What we can't help you with

If you need help with any of the following matters, you will need to contact someone else:

Handing in:

  • Form "Topic and supervision of diploma/MA thesis"
    StudienServiceCenter (no SPL signature required)

Picking up:

Questions about / problems with: